College of Science and Technology Scholarships
There are more than 20 scholarships available for College of Science and Technology full-time undergraduate students in all degree programs. Eligibility is limited to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors. These scholarships include the following opportunities.
- The Chachkin-Kean Fund for Undergraduate Research provides financial support for students who participate in the College of Science and Technology’s Undergraduate Research Program, assisting with faculty research in the student’s major field of study.
- The College of Science and Technology Alumni Endowed Scholarship was established in 2014 by the College’s Alumni Board to recognize students who demonstrate academic excellence.
- The Jules J. Sheldon, DDS, Endowed Scholarship was established in 2010 by a bequest from Jules J. Sheldon to provide scholarships for students enrolled in the College of Science and Technology.
- The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Award for Academic Achievement is awarded to a student who has demonstrated academic excellence within the Alliance for Minority Participation program.
- The Robert and Rita Cook Science Scholars supports exceptional incoming College of Science and Technology students with paid summer research and academic and professional development.
- The Seda Tarzian Scholarship, established in 2006 by Seda Tarzian, supports academically talented students majoring in the sciences, with preference given to those who experience socioeconomic or educational disadvantages.
Physics Department Scholarships
Scholarships available to undergraduate students in Physics programs include the following opportunities.
- The Abraham and Ruth Clearfield Scholarship is awarded to full-time undergraduates majoring in physical sciences with an exemplary academic performance. Preference is given to graduates of South Philadelphia High School.
- The Dr. Paul G. & Beatrice Zackon Physics Scholarship, established in 2011, helps fund students majoring in Physics who demonstrate academic excellence.
- The Florence R. Berg Endowed Scholarship provides scholarships for students enrolled in the College of Science and Technology who are conducting summer research.
- The John A. Poole Memorial Scholarship, established in memory of John A. Poole, professor of chemistry from 1964 to 1999, is awarded to juniors or seniors majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics who demonstrate academic excellence.
Merit Scholarship Summer Educational Enhancement
The College of Science and Technology encourages students with merit scholarship eligibility to apply for summer research opportunities across all majors. You can gain real-world experience and contribute to cutting-edge research alongside faculty.
This program provides you with a summer stipend so you can participate in ongoing research projects. The stipend covers 300 hours of research throughout the summer.
Federal Stafford Loans
Applying for federal Stafford loans requires completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). At Temple University, unsubsidized Stafford loans are available to full-time students up to a maximum amount of $20,500 annually.
Eligibility for the Federal Work-study Program is based on the applicant’s need as determined by the information on the applicant's FAFSA. In addition, students must be enrolled at least half time and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Students are paid biweekly for hours worked.
Learn aid, scholarship and work-study options at Student Financial Services.