Film and Media Arts students have access to a wide variety of production and postproduction facilities, primarily located in Annenberg Hall. Video editing stations are also available in Temple’s TECH Center. Production and postproduction facilities include seven audio studios, online resources for film and video software, and three television studios, as well as
- the Digital Cinema Lab, which has film and video postproduction services, including Blu-ray and DVD duplication, digital cinema (4K) camera reservations, in-house telecine transfers, and more;
- the Equipment Office, which lends state-of-the-art film and video field gear as well as equipment manuals; and
- the Post-Production Lab, which has audio and video editing, media transfer capabilities to various formats, and two separate editing rooms.
The Equipment Office houses the most up-to-date and top-of-the-line production equipment, offering student filmmakers a wide array of film cameras with stock capabilities including 16mm, super 16mm and 35mm.
Equipment available for student use includes
- Blackmagic-Pocket Cine Camera (4:2:2 and raw),
- Canon XA10, XA20 and XF100 Camcorders,
- GoPro HERO2 Black and GoPro HERO3+ Black, and
- Red Epic and Red Scarlet (4k and raw).
The Equipment Office also offers the use of dollies, drones, jibs, lighting equipment, microphones, mounts and more.
Students who use equipment outside of the Film and Media Arts Department can also receive assistance in gaining General Liability and Property Insurance through Temple University’s Office of Risk Management and Insurance.